Monday, March 12, 2007

It came from below

Today Aleric has been really fussy. We tried everything we could think of and we finally got him to go to sleep. About 2 hours later he woke up crying. I zooped him (a sort of dipping dance that he seems to love, maybe I'll throw a video up some time.) and he calmed down for a moment, but then started again with renewed fervor. I thought, "Alright, check the diaper" and there in front of me was what is quite possibly, although not without contest (speak to my dad), the worst diaper I have ever seen. Holly and I had to tag-team this one with my in front, eyes closed, breath held and holly issuing orders from a safe distance. Keep in mind this is the first time he made a diaper of this sort in about 4 days. This is him post diaper change. I dare not show photos from before or during the change, lest taint your mental image of him.

1 comment:

mimi said...

Regarding diaper stories: Been there, done that. I won't bore you with similar stories Holly, but your mother and Papa and I were right there in the thick of it - also your grandma. Your dad and grandpa did not get involved much in the diaper scene, as far a I remember... but their love for you was wonderful and strong, too.

I remember having those same feelings for my babies, Jeff, which you and Holly are feeling for little Aleric. Do you know that I KNEW you would feel this way about your son? This is how your own families loved each of you - what a legacy!

These are wonderful pictures. Thanks for posting them. I am so proud of both of you. Talk to you soon by phone.........

Love to you both,
Mimi