Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mud Running

To the trail!

We had just arrived at the trail in this picture. I was very excited to get hiking as soon as possible, but the big people were dragging their feet!

(Rain + Trail) + Aleric = Muddy Boy
We had barely begun the hike when I discovered large puddles of water... with mud at the bottom. At first Mommy fought my urges to run through them and tried to get me to around them. As the above image clearly shows... I won.

I'm Ready for my Closeup

I Have Poo!!
Lucky for me, there is a handy potty at the base of the trail!

Wait, You Want Me To Go In There?
So I noticed soon after walking up to the door, that it didn't smell very friendly. I wasn't so sure that I should go potty in there.


Here I am at the end of the hike. My legs are muddy and my eyes are gleaming from all of the fun I had running up and down the trail for an hour. Round trip is about 2 miles and I ran through each and every one of the 354 puddles on the way... twice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so i read the thing about how that bathroom stinks, i distinctly remember that bathroom smelling worse than a walk through hell. lol.

--charlie