Saturday, April 10, 2010

Centipedes

Mommy was out on a walk with Auria tonight and Daddy and I were playing Patapons together on our PSPs when Mommy called Daddy to tell him that a HUGE centipede had just crawled into our neighbors garage. Daddy didn't know where a flashlight was so he asked me and I ran and got one out of the drawer so that we could find the centipede. I had never seen one before but Daddy said they are pretty cool as long as I keep my distance. He threw me on his shoulders and away we went to find ourselves a centipede. Luckily Mommy had done a great job of monitoring the creature's position for us while we were preparing for the hunt. The neighbors who owned the garage where the beast was hiding showed up just as we were about to find it with the flashlight I brought so we showed them where it was to prevent them from being bitten. I learned how to say centipede and that they eat beetles and other bugs. I learned that they are a bug and that if you go out at night you should watch your feet so they don't get you. Mommy thinks they are gross. Daddy and I think they are cool from a distance. Daddy even suggested that we get a prisoner centipede (he says they aren't pets, just captives) and feed it beetles and stuff. Mommy shut that idea down.

No comments: